top of page

The UKCVF Guide to Benefits & Entitlements

? your Covid-19 Vaccine Injury

Variety of Coins

What are we entitled to? – A UK CV Family Guide


Covid-19 Vaccine injury has affected the members of our group in different ways: for some, life has not been disrupted too much, i.e. they can still work, go for walks, drive, cook dinner etc., but for most of us, life has been completely turned upside down. Many of us have been left bed and housebound, unable to work, and unable to care for our families.

There are various government schemes out there which could potentially ease things a little for all vaccine injured who are suffering, and it is for this reason that we have created this guide.


Personal Independence Payment (PIP), formally known as Disability Living Allowance (DLA):


According to the UK Government website -


PIP can help with extra living costs if you have both:

  • A long-term physical or mental health condition or disability

  • Difficulty doing certain everyday tasks or getting around because of your condition

You can get PIP even if you’re working, have savings or are receiving some of the other benefits available.


There are 2 parts to PIP:

  • a daily living part - if you need help with everyday tasks

  • a mobility part - if you need help with getting around

Whether you get one or both parts and how much you get depends on how difficult you find everyday tasks and getting around.

Please note that if you are older than State Pension age and have not applied for PIP before, you cannot apply. Instead, you can apply for “Attendance Allowance” (details below).

Also, if you live in Dundee City, Perth and Kinross or the Western Isles, you need to apply for “Adult Disability Payment” (ADP) instead (details below).


For more details about PIP re eligibility, how much you get, how to claim etc., click on this link:


Attendance Allowance


According to the UK Government website:


Attendance Allowance helps with extra costs if you have a disability severe enough that you need someone to help look after you.

It’s paid at 2 different rates and how much you get depends on the level of care that you need because of your disability.

You could get £61.85 or £92.40 a week to help with personal support if you’re both:

  • physically or mentally disabled

  • State Pension age or older

It does not cover mobility needs.

The other benefits you get can increase if you get Attendance Allowance. You do not have to have someone caring for you in order to claim.


For more details about Attendance Allowance, click on this link:


Adult Disability Payment


Similar to PIP, but exclusively for those residing in Scotland.


For more information about Adult Disability Payment, click on this link:

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)


According to the UK Government website:


“You can apply for the Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) if you have a disability or health condition that affects how much you can work.

You may also be able to get ESA if you were unable to work while self-isolating because of Coronavirus (COVID-19).

ESA gives you:

  • money to help with living costs if you’re unable to work

  • support to get back into work if you’re able to

You can apply if you’re employed, self-employed or unemployed.”


Please note that if you have reached State Pension age, you cannot apply for ESA. You also cannot apply if you are currently on Job Seeker’s Allowance and Statutory Sick Pay. However, you can still claim ESA if you get Universal Credit, but it may be reduced.


For more details about ESA re eligibility, how much you get, and how to claim etc., click on this link:


Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for children


According to the UK Government website:


“Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for children may help with the extra costs of looking after a child who:

  • is under 16

  • has difficulties walking or needs much more looking after than a child of the same age who does not have a disability

They will need to meet all the eligibility requirements.

The DLA rate is between £24.45 and £156.90 a week and depends on the level of help the child needs.”


For more details about DLA for children, click on this link:


Carer’s Allowance


According to the UK Government website:


“You could get £69.70 a week if you care for someone at least 35 hours a week and they get certain benefits.

You do not have to be related to, or live with, the person you care for.

You do not get paid extra if you care for more than one person.

If someone else also cares for the same person as you, only one of you can claim Carer’s Allowance.”


For more information about claiming a Carer’s Allowance, click on this link:


Disability Premiums


According to the UK Government website:


“Disability premiums are extra amounts of money added to your:

  • Income Support

  • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)

  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

  • Housing Benefit

Any money you get is added to your benefit payments automatically so you usually do not have to apply for a disability premium.


There are 3 types of disability premium for adults:

  • disability premium

  • enhanced disability premium

  • severe disability premium

You can get more than one premium at a time.”


For more details about Disability Premiums, click on this link:


Universal Credit


According to the UK Government website:

“Universal Credit is a monthly payment to help with your living costs. You may be able to get it if you’re on a low income or out of work.

You might get an extra amount of Universal Credit if you have a health condition or disability that prevents you from working or preparing for work.

Your monthly payment is based on your circumstances, for example your health condition or disability, income and housing costs.

If you made a new Universal Credit claim on or after 3 April 2017 and have limited capability for work, you will not get the extra amount.”

Please note that if you wish to apply for Universal Credit, you will be subjected to a “Work Capability Assessment” whereby you will have to fill in a questionnaire, provide medical evidence, and complete a face-to-face interview either in person, via video, or over the phone.


For more details about Universal Credit and disability, click on this link:




If you need to adapt your house due to disablement, you can apply to your local council for equipment. Click on this link and enter your postcode for further details:


Council Tax discount


If you’re disabled or live with someone who is disabled you may be able to apply for a discount or even an exemption. To see if you qualify, you will have to type in your postcode, and you will be directed to your local council’s website.


For more details about a potential Council Tax discount, click on this link:




Being disabled, you may be eligible for various transport-related things, such as a railcard specifically for disable people, and a free bus pass.


For more details about what you could claim, click on this link:


            Blue Badge


            You could be eligible for a Blue Badge, which would enable   

you or your carer to park in a disabled parking bay.


Please note that if you live in Northern Ireland, you can apply here:


For more information about applying for a Blue Badge, click on this link:


Wheelchairs and mobility scooters


You can hire wheelchairs and mobility scooters from a government-recommended organisation, “ShopMobility”. To find out more, click on this link:

bottom of page