top of page

What Next? Managing your Injury

Newly injured or recently diagnosed? We've outlined here our recommended steps and links that may help you navigate through your Covid-19 Vaccine Injury

Reading a Compass

1. How to report to the Yellow Card Scheme

What is the Yellow Card Scheme?

The Yellow Card Scheme is the United Kingdom's system for collecting information on suspected adverse drug reactions to medicines. The scheme allows the safety of the medicines and vaccines that are on the market to be monitored.


Please complete the form listing all your symptoms. It is also important to regularly update your information with new information on the yellow card scheme.

Click here to report your adverse reactions: 

2. Register with UC or ESA benefits 

Universal Credit: 

If you have a health condition that affects your ability to work you may be eligible for Universal Credit.

What is Universal Credit (UC)?

Universal Credit is a payment to help with your living costs. It’s paid monthly - or twice a month for some people in Scotland.

This guide is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).

If you live in Northern Ireland, go to Universal Credit in Northern Ireland.

How do I make a claim? 

You need to create an account online to make a claim. You must complete your claim within 28 days of creating your account or you will have to start again.

If you cannot claim online, you can claim by phone through the Universal Credit helpline by dialing the following number 0800 328 5644, available Mon-Fri 08:00-18:00


What is the Employment Support Allowance (ESA)?

It is a welfare payment for adults younger than the state pension age who are having difficulty finding work because of their long-term medical condition or a disability.

You could also be entitled to Universal Credit at the same time or instead of the ‘new style’ ESA. Check if you’re eligible for Universal Credit.

There’s a different way to apply in Northern Ireland.

Click here on how to claim:

3. Apply for Personal Independence Payment (PIP) 

What is PIP?

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) can help with extra living costs if you have both:

* a long-term physical or mental health condition or disability
* difficulty doing certain everyday tasks or getting around because of your condition


Did you know? You can get PIP even if you’re working, have savings or are getting most other benefits.


Click the following link for an easy to read guide about PIP:

4. Apply for the Vaccine Damage Payment (VDP) 

Are you severely disabled as a result of vaccination?


Please click the following links for how to claim and the VDP claim form:

How to claim for VDP:

VDPS claim form:


5. Purchasing a copy of the CVARS Guide by Caroline Pover


Discussed in more detail on our website here and available to purchase from Amazon here

6. Are you vaccine Injured or bereaved and living in the UK?


Please email us 

bottom of page